BUFFALO ASSIST SCOPE OF SERVICE AND TERMS & CONDITIONS
Incident & Recovery Assistance
Should the beneficiary be stranded due to their bicycle being rendered immobile as a result of an accident, puncture or mechanical problem, they will be assisted by our incident/case managers to ensure that the correct assistance is promptly provided. The bicycle will be collected and delivered to the beneficiary’s home. The beneficiary’s will also be transported. Maximum benefit per incident depends on the beneficiary’s option, and additional costs, if any, will be defined prior to the rendering of services.
Beneficiaries’ have access to medical advice, information, medical practitioners and facilities.
The beneficiary will be guided through any medical crisis situation and be provided with emergency advice which also includes referrals to doctors and clinics/hospitals in the area. Should the beneficiary be transported to a hospital, their medical aid will be notified to ensure that the necessary GOP’s are in place and the relevant authorisation is received by the time the patient arrives.
Primary Medical Response & Medical Transportation
In the event of the beneficiary’s involvement in a medical emergency due to a fall or accident while cycling, the call centre consultant will arrange the most appropriate method of emergency medical transportation. The beneficiary will be transported to the nearest medical facility capable of providing adequate care. All costs of the assistance will be for the beneficiary’s own account or medical aid account. Assistance will be provided on a best effort basis (if the beneficiary is accessible by road).
Pushing the ‘Panic' button will send an alert as well as the beneficiary’s location details to a call centre agent, who will then dispatch emergency assistance. Beneficiary location sharing must be activated on their mobile phone. The service is subject to mobile connectivity.
In the event of the beneficiary’s involvement in a security emergency due to a bicycle fall or robbery, etc. while cycling, the call centre consultant will arrange for the most appropriate security assistance to be dispatched. Assistance will be provided on a best effort basis (if the beneficiary is accessible by road). Cover includes security for up to 2 hours. The call centre and their supplier cannot be held responsible if communication with the beneficiary fails as this is the tracking method for the response unit.The response and assistance team will not be held responsible for any lost/stolen items. Assistance is provided for a two-hour period only (search, rescue and assist). Telephonic advice will be provided.
The beneficiary can be monitored for short and long distances at requested intervals for reassurance that they will reach their destination safely.
Relay of urgent Messages
In the event of an incident, the call centre consultant will notify the beneficiary’s next of kin.
Medical Advice and Information Hotline
Medical personnel are available 24-hours a day to provide general medical information and advice on the following (this is an advisory service only, as a telephonic conversation does not permit an accurate diagnosis):
- Prescription Medication
- Contraindication of medicines
- Blurred Vision
- Headaches/ Migraines
- Stomach aches
- Why not to take expired medication
- Treatment of abrasions
- Telephonic CPR
- Ear aches
- Women’s / Men’s Health issues
- The medical personnel will also refer beneficiaries to:
- Nearest medical facilities
- GP’s within the beneficiary’s area
- Nearest medical transport
- Health specialists
Services will be provided within the elected round trip option from the following areas:
- Beaufort West
- White River
- Port Elizabeth
- East London
- Richards Bay
- Pongola River
- Marble Hall
** This service will be provided in strict compliance with all applicable laws, including but not limited to the Criminal Procedure Act No 51 of 1977, as amended, and the Private Security Industry Regulation Act No 56 of 2001, as amended.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Incident Management & Beneficiary Transportation Assistance
1. The benefit applies based on a round trip from the location of the nearest Service Provider to the point of incident, on to the desired destination and returning to the location of the Service Provider;
2. Based on the option selected the first 50 / 100 / 300 km is included and thereafter a fee of R6.48 per km is charged payable directly to the Service Provider by the beneficiary with prior consent to the trip estimate;
3. Physical support at point of incident is covered for Pick up and transportation and Security. Medical on-site support is arranged by BUFFALO ASSIST but is to be paid by the beneficiary or the beneficiary’s medical aid;
4. The beneficiary is only eligible for the rendering of services if the beneficiary’s account is paid up to date;
5. The beneficiary agrees to the sharing of personal information during an incident with the Call Centre and Service Providers;
6. The beneficiary is responsible to maintain up to date information relating to his / her membership;
7. The premium will be debited on the First day of the month or the first working day thereafter;
8. It is the responsibility of the beneficiary to ensure that sufficient funds are available in the account for payment to be effected successfully;
9. Dispatch of an ambulance is the sole responsibility of call centre staff in association with emergency medical staff;
10. When you register you agree that your location may be tracked and shared with emergency staff.
11. The PANIC Button operates as an “SOS” message to the Call Centre upon receipt of which the Call Centre will call the beneficiary to establish what the emergency is and what action is required;
12. When requesting services from the call centre your membership number must be quoted;
13. In an emergency always call 0860 and press the correct option;
14. The emergency number is for the use of the beneficiary only;
15. Updating of personal data must be done via email. The update of information will remain the responsibility of the member. E-mail: email@example.com;
16. Though service providers are assessed against strict criteria BUFFALO ASSIST shall not be responsible for any breach of service by service providers;
17. Any illegal activity or unlawful act shall result in refusal of services;
18. Cancellation of membership must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least thirty days prior to the next billing date;
19. BUFFALO ASSIST services are confined to areas within the borders of South Africa.